Monday, September 2, 2013

Play Set

For the boys birthday, my parents got them a play set for the backyard. It was delivered last Monday and after work every day, Greg worked to get it unpacked and organized. Saturday morning, bright and early, my parents came over and helped him put it together. It took all day Saturday and Sunday and about 6 hours on Monday. I think it's going to be worth every penny and every minute that was spent building it.  The boys LOVE  it!!!

The boys weren't allowed in the backyard the past week, because we didn't want them messing with anything, so I've been taking them to the parks, mall, shopping, etc. to keep them busy. They were able to see some from the dining room window, but I don't think they really knew how big and amazing it was until they got outside. I tried to get their reactions, but you know how that goes. :)


I loved the looks on their faces. I should have taken some video, they were so excited.

There's so much climbing for them to do. My parents gave us several play sets to pick from, but this one seemed to have everything.

The boys love this rock wall.
 
 This is called the "birds nest" and it's so high up. The boys LOVE it, I think it's their favorite part. They love looking through the telescope and telling us what they see. It varies depending on what they're playing at the moment. They've "seen" animals, pirate ships, birds, etc.

You can't really see Evan's face in this pic, but he was smiling so big. They were just so excited about the entire thing.

Still in awe of everything.


My parents had just got done helping Greg work on this thing for 6 hours, they were exhausted and tired, but they couldn't leave before pushing the boys on the swings for a little bit. I think it's safe to say the boys are a tad bit spoiled living next to Meemaw and Papaw.

I took pictures of all the angles for our memory and to just show how massive this thing is and my parents and Greg built this thing in a long weekend.


It really has everything the boys could need--monkey bars, two swings, a double swing, rock climbing wall, picnic bench, sandbox, slide, fort at the top.




We're going to put sand in the sandbox another weekend. When the weather cools off some, we're going to kill the grass around the entire thing and lay down mulch around the play set.

Getting pushed on the swing by Meemaw.

Evan's saying "cheese"

After the boys naps, they wanted to play out there again. They played for the longest time. It was hot and humid, but they weren't going to let that stop them. I can tell already that we're going to spend so much time out in the backyard now. The boys absolutely love this bench.

It's a shame these boys don't have any personality.

This is my favorite picture. All the trees and green, and shade. It just looks so amazing. I'm so thankful that my parents got this for the boys and for all the help they did putting it together (and my mom coming over to waterproof the boards on Friday) The boys love it and will be spending a lot of time on this thing.

 This post is a little out of order, I'll do a full weekend recap later, but I just had to do a post about this since it was such a huge portion of our weekend.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment