Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Forgotten Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest and kept seeing people reposting it and talking about it on Facebook, so I figured I'd try it. I already had almost all of the ingreidents, including a massive box of minute rice from Sam's Club that I need to use up. I accidently mixed the soup mix in with the rice, water and soup and didn't realize it until later. After I got the dish ready, I thought "This does not look appetizing". The more I thought about it the more I thought "There's no way this is going to taste good". I was so convinced that after I put it in the oven and we went out, I stopped on the way home and picked up take out. That's how convinced I was. We took it out of the oven and ate our take out for dinner. After dinner, we each took a bite to see if we should throw it away and Greg and I both really liked it. haha, I guess I should have gave it a chance before deciding we wouldn't like it. Carter even ate it the next night. The only compaint was that the chicken was pretty dry. So, next time we have it (yeah, we liked it so much, we're going to have it again) we'll take the chicken out sooner and let the rice cook the whole time. I didn't get a picture of it, but it's tasty and soooo easy to make.
 
Forgotten Chicken
 
The ingredients:
1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts,
2 cups minute rice,
1 pkg. onion soup mix,
can of cream of chicken soup,
can of cream of celery soup,
1 can water 
 
Directions:
Mix together “cream of” soups, 1 can of water, and 2 cups of minute rice (uncooked.) Pour into a buttered casserole dish
Lay chicken breasts on top of rice mixture and sprinkle onion soup mix on top. Cover with tin foil. Don’t forget that important step!
Here's where the name "Forgotten Chicken" comes in. You can put this dish in the oven on a low temp (around 250-275) and leave it in for 3 or so hours. Or you can put it in at 350-375 and cook it for about an hour.

No comments :

Post a Comment