Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a fun weekend with a trip to the splash park, the Discovery Museum, and plenty of time just playing and relaxing. I'll just do a photo dump from the past several days so you can see what we've been up to.

The boys still like to sit together and read in the mornings.  

Poor Evan fell off the bottom stair on our deck and scrapped his elbow.

We  had peaches for dessert one night. Don't worry, I didn't take as many pictures as I did of them eating watermelon. Well, I'm not posting as many pictures as I did of them eating watermelon. :)

Mmmmm...yummy peaches, fresh from the orchard.


Sunday, we went to the Discovery Museum and got a family pass. I love this place and everbody says it's the smallest, most boring one and the other ones in nearby towns are much better, so I'm excited to check some of those out. Greg wasn't as impressed with the place as I was, but I love having somewhere indoors to take the boys to play.

Of course, they loved the blocks.



Carter mixing up something special for the bears.

So sweet, both boys actually made sure the bears were well fed.

The fun bee display with real bees that fly in and out through that tube in the window.

Evan and Carter weren't the only ones who thought the bees were neat.

The boys played with a little girl the same age as them there. Luckily, she loved building the blocks up just to knock them down--just like the boys.

I made another big shopping trip to Target, and actually had to have the boys hold items. We're having family coming in on Friday and we're all going to the beach for 3 days when they get here, so I've been trying to shop for all that.

I got to go down the baby food isle for the first time in a long time to get baby food for our little neice, Lainey. It brought back some memories. ;)

We went to the Dollar Tree to pick up some things for the beach and I got these boys these fun truck balloons for $1.00. They were excited.

On the way home, we stopped at Sticks, on of my favorite restaurants. And remembered why we hardly ever eat out with the boys anymore. :)



Goodies from the Dollar Tree. I got all kinds of fun sand toys for the kids to play with at the beach as well as some inexpensive things to play with in the hotel and on the car ride. I know the boys are going to love the coloring books and crayons and the small magna doodles I got them will be perfect for the car.

Hours of fun for just $1.00.

The boys played with these balloons for the longest time and then the next day. One had a little run in with the ceiling fan (which they also found very entertaining) but one is still floating and they're still playing with it today.


That was our weekend a few other random pictures thrown in there. This post probably sounds like it's all over the place and it probably is. My mind is all over the place this week. I've been trying to get things ready for the beach and for our company that's coming in and making several different to do lists, packing lists, etc. I'm also trying to organize what I'm getting the boys for their birthday next month and find a fun cake and decorations. I was going to put it off until after our trip to the beach, but I can't put it out of my mind, so that stuff is also on my to do list. I feel like my to do list gets longer every day, but I'm not really checking much off it.

No comments :

Post a Comment