Sunday, July 8, 2012

Orzo with Feta & Tomatoes

**I apologize if you follow me on google reader, our internet has been down for over a week and I'm behind on blogging, so I'm playing catch up today.**

This dish is one of my favorite dishes ever. It's so simple to make and tastes so good. Greg and I like it so much that sometimes instead of having it as a side dish, we just eat a bowl of this for dinner. The original recipe called for parsley, but I leave that out. This is a great dish to have over the summer to use up some of those fresh tomatoes out of the garden.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound orzo
  • Salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup feta cheese crumbles 
  • 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Heat water in large sauce pot to boil and add pasta, cook to al dente.
Melt butter in the pot while still hot and combine with feta. Add cooked pasta to feta butter and toss with tomatoes, season with a little pepper.

No comments :

Post a Comment