Sunday, July 8, 2012

Balsamic Chicken


It’s been so hot, that I thought I’d try a couple of crock pot recipes. I think of the crock pot as more of a fall thing and I hate having it on in the kitchen all day when it’s already hot, but it sure beats standing in front of the stove fixing something. I looked for easy recipes that used chicken (we had a ton because they were on sale) and I wanted them to be pretty healthy. I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?) and it was really good. Really simple and easy to make and we both liked it.

Balsamic Chicken
Ingredients
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
  • 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • ground pepper and salt to taste
Directions
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.

No comments :

Post a Comment