Friday, May 25, 2012

Great Start to Memorial Day Weekend

My parents came up from Georgia to spend Memorial Day weekend with us and got in right before the boys went to bed on Thursday night. Today, Greg was off and it was the first official day of Memorial day weekend. It's been so rainy the past couple weeks but today was sunny and a high of 85. I'm so glad the weather was clear and sunny, even if it was a little humid. Greg and my dad worked on moving the closet organizer from Evan's old room (now our computer room) into his new room. They went to Lowe's and got a new organizer to install tomorrow in the computer room. My mom and I took the boys on a quick trip to Walmart to get a few things for the weekend and then came home and played with the boys until their nap. After the boys nap, we set up the water table outside for them to play while my dad and Greg got started on grilling ribs for dinner.

The boys had a blast playing in their water table. I know they're going to sleep great tonight! My mom "Mamaw" and the boys.




I got the hose to fill up the water table and the boys loved playing in the water, so I sprayed it while they ran underneath it laughing.




We decided to walk around to where Greg and "Papaw" were grilling and of course the boys needed to "taste test" the food.

Yum!

Both boys kept saying "more" and holding out their hands. They loved them some ribs!




After dinner the boys played with Papaw and had the best time.



The boys are eating up all the extra attention. They sure do love their Mamaw and Papaw. It's so cute to hear them say their names too. I'm sad that my parents are only here for 2 days and then have to head back to Georgia, but I'm so glad they were able to come up. Tomorrow is supposed to be another sunny day, so I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of the same thing, playing outside, working on projects, eating lots of yummy food, etc.

No comments :

Post a Comment