Thursday, December 22, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

I'm so excited that my family is coming up from Georgia tomorrow to spend Christmas with us. I'm really looking forward to the weekend and Christmas.

Tuesday, I took the boys to the mall to play in the play area. They did really well. Everytime we go, they seem to be able to do more and more there. We met my friend and her two kids there and it was nice to get let the kids play while we caught up. I totally forgot to take pictures of the boys while we were there.

Greg and I have gone to the gym 3 times this week. The boys have done so much better than in July. Evan cried the first day we left him there this week, which wasn't like him and Carter, aka Mr. Shy, did great. The second day, Evan cried a lot less, and yesterday they told us he cried for about a second and then saw the toys and was fine. I thought when we'd go to pick them up, they'd come running for us, excited to see us. Nope. They have so much fun there, they are not the least bit concerned with us when we come back. The girls have to go physically pick them up and bring them to us because the boys are just too busy having fun playing. I'm actually really glad that's the case. I'm glad that they have fun and can be left with other people. Plus, Greg and I are really enjoying working out and getting a small break from the boys. I'm really glad we gave the gym another try.

It feels like we haven't been doing as much this week as we normally do, but with going to the gym and getting ready for the holidays we've been staying pretty busy. Oh, and keeping up with these little stinkers who have learned that their riding toys come in handy for thing other than riding.




I thought this was so cute. I had turned on Barney while the boys were eating lunch, and when they got down, they walked over to watch the rest. At the end, Barney was singing and hugging the kids, so Carter started hugging Evan. It was very sweet.

1 comment :

  1. First of all, that last picture of was about the most precious thing I've ever seen. LOVE IT!

    Caleb, my 2yo, learned that he could use anything as a stool, too. Very innovative but lots of boo boos in your future:(

    Have a great time this weekend. Merry Christmas!
    april

    ReplyDelete