Monday, November 28, 2011

Trip to Georgia-Old Friends

During our trip to Georgia, we had the chance to get together with some old friends of ours. Carter and I had a playdate with my friend, Megan and her daughter, Elizabeth who is two weeks older than our boys. I left Evan at home with my mom, so it'd be easier to watch Carter and also so I would have a chance to talk and not be worried about chasing two boys around. I actually went to middle school with Megan in Arizona. Thanks to Facebook, a lot of us that went to middle school together have been able to stay in touch. I love catching up with old friends, it's interesting to see people you haven't seen since 8th grade all grown up with kids.

We went to a brand new park that was just built. It was really nice. Here's Elizabeth and Carter.


Here's the slides for the older kids. Isn't that crazy?! It was huge. It's definitely a great place to bring older kids.

Carter loved this bee riding thing. He played on it most of the time we were there.


 After the kids played a little, we headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. This is always a hit with the boys, they love the chicken fingers and fruit cup. This is me and Greg's number one pick for lunch when we're out with the boys, I'm sure we'll be going there even more when they get old enough to play in the play area. I thought the kids looked so cute. They did really good. I'm so glad we were able to meet up.

Another day while we were there, I took Evan to go see my friend Melissa and her daughter, Madison. I went to high school with Melissa and we've stayed in touch ever since. I'm awful about calling people (who has time to talk on the phone?) but every time we go in, we try and stop by and see her. Her daughter is 3 1/2 and was really sweet with Evan. She had this play house in her yard and we let them play while we talked.




We also went to see my friend Jennie. She lives right down the road from my parents, and I took both Evan and Carter to see her. Jennie and I actually went to elementary school together in Massachusettes and then had English together in high school. I went to her high school for one semester and during that time, we became good friends. After I transferred schools, we still stayed close and hung out all the time. She actually stopped by my house one day in 10th grade and said "get dressed, you're going on a double date with me and this guy". So, I went with her and the guy she was dating and met his roommate to go to a movie. His roommate happened to be Greg, and we've been together ever since. Crazy, huh? She always happens to live close to my parents, when my parents were at their old house, she lived 2 minutes up the road. Now both her and my parents have moved and live less than 10 miles from each other. It makes seeing her when I'm in town so easy.

The boys at her house. I knew I wanted to see her kids and how much they've changed since I saw them last, and she'd want to meet both my boys, so I brought both of them with me. I quickly remembered why I had chose to leave one boy at home while going out. The boys were wound up and all over the place.

Her cat just had kittens and the boys loved them. They were chasing her cats around the kitchen. Poor cats.


Jennie's daughter, Kayla,  letting Carter pet a kitten.  Kayla was SO sweet with the boys. After Carter dumped the cat food on the kitchen floor (my boys are little terrors) she was like "it's ok, I'll pick it up" she gently led one out of the kitchen after he was opening the cabinets, she held the kittens for them to pet, she was just the sweetest thing!!

And just for fun, here's a picture of me with Kayla on Christmas eve 2005. I can't believe how much she's grown.

Jennie's husband, Joey, let the boys sit in his truck. They loved it.


Evan loved their fireplace. He did take a faceplant off of it, but that didn't stop him from wanting to play on it.

I didn't get any pictures of her son, Daniel, because he got home right before I left, but he was a little sweetheart, too. She has such great kids. I still remember the night that Jennie went into labor with him. It was my first night as a server at Don Pablos and she came in and it was the same night that the singer James Brown came in. We always joked that the spicy salsa caused her to go into labor with Daniel.

I had such a great time seeing some old friends when we went in. It's so fun to see them all as parents now. I still have several pictures from Georgia that'll probably take up another 3-4 posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment