Friday, October 14, 2011

Georgia On My Mind

We're planning a trip to Georgia in a few weeks and I'm so excited. It's going to be Evan and Carter's first trip to Georgia. My parents built a new house and I can't wait to see it. As excited as I am, I'm still a little nervous about the drive down there. This will be the longest car ride with the boys. It's about a 7 hour drive without kids. Leaving at night to go down there isn't an option, although that's what we'll probably do when we come back. So, we're trying to plan the logistics of our drive and how to keep 2 toddlers entertained and where to stop so they can stretch their legs as well as get organized about what to pack. I was able to find several free vacation packing printables, I've been checking other blogs, and some of my twin parenting books have lists and ideas of what to bring. We were able to get a house sitter, so we'll be staying there for about 3 weeks, so there's a lot of stuff that the boys will need. I've been working on lists of what I need to bring and what I can just wait and purchase there. It's quite the job getting ready for this trip. I have several lists going as well as a lists of lists to make. :)

Luckily, Greg is totally aware of how neurotic I can be when it comes to planning things and he's learned to just accept it. He's been such a helper. He's scheduled a few appointments to get some things done on the car before we leave to make sure it's in tip top shape for our trip, he's in charge of looking for and deciding on a portable dvd player that will hopefully entertain the boys, and we've even wrote on our calendar what day he's going to switch the car seats from rear-facing to forward facing.

Greg actually has a training class in Atlanta for two weeks, so he'll be there while we stay at my parents. It's be the first time he's ever been away from the boys and it'll be for 2 weeks straight. We were planning the trip before Greg found out about this class, so it was perfect when he got a class that was at the same time as our trip.

I am counting down the days until we leave. I can't wait. I haven't been to Georgia since I was pregnant. I'm excited to see my family, their new house, have the boys spend some time in Georgia, meet up with a few friends and have some playdates, and enjoy all the things that Augusta has that we don't here in our small town. I'm saving up now for a trip to Hobby Lobby and I might just have to get a happy hour Sonic drink every day that I'm there. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment