Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recipes

I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately, and I have Pinterest to blame. I keep seeing delicious recipes that I have to try. I'm on a crock pot kick now, so I'll have several crock pot recipes to share over the next couple of weeks.

Frozen Hot Chocolate
I love getting a drink from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, but it's so expensive and very fattening. Dunkin Donuts has these delicious Frozen Hot Chocolates and I'd hate to know how many calories are in one of those. I found this recipe and all it calls for is: fat free half and half, chocolate pudding (you can use fat free) and cinnamon. Cheap, healthy, and super easy. I didn't make the homemade whip cream that it had in the recipe, I do not like whipped cream on my drinks. So, I just drank it plain. They were really good. I love the chocolate and cinnamon combo.


Chicken Enchilada Soup
I thought this was a crockpot recipe, but it's not. I didn't realize it until I was writing down the ingredients before we went to the store. It wasn't hard to make, but there were a few steps and it took about an hour and a half. You put the chicken in the broth, cook for 30 minutes, take it out, add veggies and cook for 30 min, etc. But, Greg LOVED it. I thought it was really tasty, too. I'd like to have it again, but right now I'm trying to stick to quick and easy dinners. For as long as it took to make, I'd rather have made real homemade enchiladas.

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes.
SO YUMMY!!!! And I cannot stress how easy the pork chops were. You just throw them in the crock pot, put a packet of ranch seasoning on them and a can of cream of chicken soup and cook for 6 hours. The mashed potatoes were really good, although I forgot to roast the garlic, so I just skipped that ingredient. Next time we have them, we'll have instant mashed potatoes which we think are just as good and will make this super easy meal even easier and quicker. Greg really liked this.

1 comment :

  1. Yummy! I will have to try all of those recipes! Keep posting crock pot ones, I need to start using my crock pot more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete