Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July


This weekend was not at all like I planned. Greg had a four day weekend and we planned to go pick peaches, let the boys swim every day, try and check out a splash park, grill out, watch a few movies, etc. But, Thursday night Carter had a hard time going to sleep, then woke up at midnight with a fever of 103 and that's how our weekend started. I was up from midnight until after 5am with him, then Greg took over and let me sleep. We called the doctor to see if there was anything we could be doing that we weren't to make him feel a little better and they wanted to see him to make sure that he didn't have an ear infection. Greg took him in and they determined that it was a virus, it has passed from him, to Evan, to Greg. It has been a weekend of sleepless nights and staying inside taking it easy. We bought a lot of food to make and grill this weekend, I didn't want it to go bad, so I went ahead and cooked it. Our menu today included: bbq chicken, squash casserole, grilled corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter, and blueberry crisp with vanilla bean ice cream. With the leftover corn on the cob, I'm going to make a Tortellini and Tomato salad. I got all the recipes from Southern Living magazine and I'll post them later this week.
I hope everybody had a great 4th of July!!

No comments :

Post a Comment