Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Grilled Jalapeño-Lime Corn on the Cob

This is another recipe I got from the July issue of Southern Living. I got several recipes from that issue, it was packed full of yummy recipes. I love corn, especially grilled corn on the cob. The recipe called for a jalapeno and cilantro which we were able to pick from our garden! I was so excited to finally get to use some fresh herbs and vegetables that I grew. I loved this dish, I thought the jalapeno-lime butter was delicious. Greg--not so much. He doesn't like grilled corn on the cob and he wasn't big on the cilantro flavor in the butter.

Grilled Jalapeno-Lime Corn on the Cob
Ingredients
8 ears fresh corn, husks removed
Vegetable cooking spray
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Garnish: lime zest

Preparation
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Coat corn lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, stir together butter and next 5 ingredients. Remove corn from grill, and cut into thirds. Serve corn with butter mixture. Garnish, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment