Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend

We had a really nice weekend. The week before it had been in the high 90's and humid. It was miserable. But, Friday it was a high of 80, so I took advantage of the weather and went for a walk with my neighbor. Normally, we go when her older daugher (3.5 years old) is at preschool, but they're out for the summer, so she came along with us. She was so cute!! She gave the boys so much attention, she just ate them up. The boys are used to attention (seriously--look how cute they are. :)) but they didn't know what to think of this little girl just eating them up. Normally, they take a nap during our walks--not this time. Evan stared at this girl the entire time. Carter would look away but she would say "Carter--I'm over here" haha! It was so precious. It's so fun to see kids that are older and what I have to look forward to. That night Greg and I rented "Black Swan". We decided to have a movie night once a week now that we have the basement set up to watch movies and we don't have to worry about the sound waking up Evan and Carter. I loved it! Greg, not so much.

Saturday, we went to the Stanardsville Strawberry Festival. Greg thought it was going to be like a farmer's market, but it was quite the event. They had cloggers, music, tons of vendors, some old cars on display, etc. It was fun. Greg and I split a strawberry shortcake and it was delicious. The event is put on by the Standardsville Methodist Church and all the money they make goes to the Greene County Habitat for Humanity. It was fun, there were a lot of activities for small children that I think the boys will be able to participate in next year. This year, they were fine with just people watching. Afterwards, we went to town and got some lunch at Chipotle. I love this restaurant and we haven't been since the boys were born. Everybody else in Charlottesville must feel the same way I do about it, because there's always a line out the door. We were able to get there early and beat the crowd, we even got two high chairs and were able to eat there. It was nice, the boys were so well behaved & our food was delicious. That night we decided to rent another movie. We watched Paranormal Activity 2. I loved it! I won't say anymore because I don't want to give anything away.

Sunday was pretty low key. We planned on trying out a new church we heard about, but were exhausted after staying up late to watch Paranormal Activity 2. So, we did some grocery shopping and hung around the house. Greg was able to baby proof most of the kitchen cabinets and I got some cooking done. I baked some cookies for my mom group--each month they sponser a deployed soldier and send him cookies, so I'm happy that I was able to bake some so I can participate in that.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming week. I have a couple activities planned with the mom group I'm in, a few walks planned with my neighbor, a playdate at the pool, a birthday party, and a few other things. 

Here's some pictures from the strawberry festival.

Greg thought the older cars were neat.

I thought the John Deere tractor was neat, It would have been fun the put the boys on to take a picture, but they were just for looking--not touching.

Happy boys. Carter loves to lean up and touch Evan's head, that's what he's looking for.

No comments :

Post a Comment