Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

We have been spoiled with Greg getting a 3 day weekend every other week, now our normal 2 day weekends feel so short. Saturday, we went to Chiles Peach Orchard in Crozet to pick strawberries. The weather was perfect, it was sunny and not too hot. It was the first day of the picking season there, so we knew we wouldn't get a lot of strawberries, but we wanted to check it out and get the boys out of the house. Greg had never been strawberry picking before. So, when we pulled in the parking spot in front of a peach tree (which he has apparently also never seen before) he says "I wonder if these are the trees we'll be picking the strawberries from?" Bahahaha. I said "Greg, strawberries don't grow on trees" and he look completely confused and asked if they "grew on big bushes". That was probably the highlight of our trip on Saturday, I still get tickled thinking about it. Anyways, there was a cute little store that sold homemade jams, syrups, ice cream, etc. Greg and I shared two homemade donuts and some strawberry cider while we were there. I can't wait until peach season, I love peaches and they make homemade peach ice cream. We'll definitely be going back later this year.

I also found out that I won a giveaway on Life With The Bonhams. I won a month subscription to "5 Meals in 1 Hour" I'm excited to try it. If you're interested, you can go to the website and download a free week trial.

Today we had a relaxing day. We spent a lot of time in the car yesterday going to and from strawberry picking, so we didn't want the boys cooped up in their car seats today. During the boys first nap, I laid back down and took a little nap too, when they woke up, Greg got them and let me sleep a little longer. While I was sleeping, he took the boys to go get me breakfast, which included a yummy, frozen mocha frappe. Mmmm... He brought it to me in bed, he said he can't wait until next year when him and the boys can make me breakfast. We played with the boys, then went out to lunch at a hole in the wall mexican restaurant, there's was only one other family there. We went grocery shopping and got the ingredients for our first week of "5 Meals in 1 Hour", went home, played with the boys some more, and then put them to bed. Relaxing and low key. Perfect way to end the weekend and get ready for the upcoming week.

Here's some pictures from the weekend.

Evan at Chiles Peach Orchard
Carter at Chiles Peach Orchard
Greg picking strawberries
Strawberry Patch
The boys relaxing while Greg picks strawberries
The hats didn't last long.
This is Carter's new face when he doesn't have his pacifier and I ask him to smile.
We wanted to let the boys play a little bit before putting them back in the car for the drive home.
Carter seemed to like the grass more than Evan.
See, Carter always grabs Evan's pacifier, even when it's attached to him.
And this is the tree that we parked in front of that Greg thought we were picking the strawberries from. Hahaha

No comments :

Post a Comment