Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sick Babies & Another One Off the List

Every time I find a blog that has a 101 list, I read it. I love seeing what's on other people's lists. I always see something fun that I would never think of. I was reading a list recently (I forget what blog I saw it on) and on their list was to blog about everything they do off their 101 list. I think that's such a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it. I'm going to try and go back and do a quick recap blog of the things I've marked off my list and definitely start doing that from now on, starting today. Number 13 on my list was to learn how to make a good homemade pizza. Check! I found this delicious recipe on Scissors & Spatulas for Tomato & Basil Pizza. They got it off the side of a container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme. I made it last night and it was so good! It's my favorite pizza. Greg was hesitant, he doesn't like meatless meals. He actually asked me to get some salami to put on top and I didn't' have time. After the first bite he said "As much as it pains me to say this--this is really good!" haha. He loved it. We will definitely be having this on a regular basis now. I love it when I try new recipes and they turn out good. **I got this picture from Scissors & Spatulas, because I forgot to take one of ours, doesn't it look tasty??**
So, the boys had several playdates last week and it has come back to bite us on the butt. Evan is sick. :( He's so pitiful. Runny nose, cough, tired, etc. It's so sad, it really breaks my heart to see him like this. Normally he is a ball of energy, but yesterday and today, not so much. He has little moments where he seems to feel a little better and can play, but they don't last long. Carter has coughed a few times and is sleeping a lot more, so we don't know if he's just not going to get as sick as Evan or if it just hasn't hit him yet. We hope this is as bad as it gets and they start feeling better asap. There is nothing more heartbreaking than seeing your babies sick. They're too young to understand what's going on. :( So, this week will be pretty low key. We'll be staying around the house, cuddling the babies and making sure they get plenty of rest. It's calling for rain/snow every day this week except for today, so even if the boys start feeling better, we'll stay in where it's warm and dry.


Evan is never too sick to play with one of his favorite things. A plastic cup. All the toys they have, and they love those plastic cups! Carter playing while Evan slept. Normally, they're on the same schedule, but when one or both are sick, it's a free for all around here. :) Playing during a burst of energy, Evan crashed pretty soon after this and took a nice, long nap.

No comments :

Post a Comment