Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

While my mom was here last, I made some meals and froze them. I love having meals already made and all we have to do is take them out and bake them. Of course it's nice to have fresh, homecooked meals, but freezing them really saves us a lot of time and makes our week nights go so much smoother. I made a few recipes that we haven't had before, so it's been fun trying some new things. Tonight we had Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti. It was so easy to make and it's basically spaghetti with some melted cheese--what's not to like? Greg and I will definitely be having this again. I've linked up with Lindsey for her "Monday's Meals" post. And I apologize for the picture quality, it was dark in our kitchen and I just could not get a decent picture.

Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti
Ingredients
1 lb browned and seasoned ground Beef (Italian sausage can be substituted)*I used hot Italian sausage
3/4 lb.spaghetti, cooked
1 jar (approx 15 oz) of your favorite pasta sauce
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large sauce pan, simmer meat and tomato sauce together. Toss the cooked noodles in the sauce.

To Assemble: Spray a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray. Spoon half of the noodle mixture into the dish. Pack it down lightly and sprinkle on half of the cheese. Add the other half of the spaghetti, pack down lightly and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with a green salad and crusty garlic bread.


No comments :

Post a Comment