Monday, December 27, 2010

Some Much Needed Help

I am so behind on blogging. Now that Christmas has passed and I have my mom here for a few more days, I'm going to try and get caught up and blog about what's been going on this month. It's been a very busy month, the boys turned 4 months old, had their first taste of rice cereal, experienced their first snow, had their first Christmas, and so much more.

It's also been a little stressful this month. The boys are still not quite sleeping through the night yet and taking care of two 4 month old boys is very exhausting. They are at that stage that they are up more and want to play, but can't sit by themselves and play with their toys yet, they need a lot of entertaining and with it being just me home during the day with them, it's exhausting. My mom left the Saturday before Thanksgiving and Greg & I were on our own for over a month before we finally called and begged her to come out and help us. Weeks of not getting much sleep and not having any help since we don't live near our families were starting to take a tole on us. We are so lucky to have some family that's willing to help us out when we ask for it. She and my dad are currently in the process of building a house, but she dropped everything and came out for 2 weeks to help us out. I know not everybody would be willing to do that, and we are so thankful for her. I'm also thankful that our boys are so sweet and happy because I don't know what I'd do if they were colicky or fussy. Now that I'm a mom, I want to be the type of mom that my mom is to me. I know that if either of our boys ever asked us for help, we'd be there for them, no questions asked. I can't imagine it any other way.

The past four months of raising babies in Virginia with no family around has really made us think about what we want and where we want to live. My family has been such an enormous help and it's so hard to see them go. We also love spending time with them and the boys absolutely adore their "Mamaw", "Papaw" and Aunt Caroline and it would be so nice if they could grow up having a close relationship with them. So, last week Greg started applying for jobs in Georgia. We have decided that our number priority is family and if we wait until it's a convenient time to move, we'll never do it. We've started looking into management companies about possibly renting the house out since we probably won't be able to sell it in this housing market, so we'll see what options will work best for us. We know it may take some time for Greg to find a job (actually, I don't think it will--he's quite the catch and any employer would be lucky to have him ;)) But, as soon as Greg gets offered something, we'll be moving down to GA and we'll figure everything out with the house and where we'll live when we get there. We both trust that everything will work out.

I certainly did not want to use this post to complain about life with the boys or be a "negative nancy" that's just not my style. Greg and I have both been being so positive, even when we're going on no sleep, but I also don't want to be like "everything is perfect, all the time, raising twin boys is a piece of cake, my life is so perfect" We realize how lucky we are but sometimes, we get exhausted and need help. Thank God for family--I don't know what we'd do without them.

1 comment :

  1. I understand how you feel, and I dont even have my baby yet! It's tough being far away from family... I miss mine terribly! Good luck on the job hunt! I wish you guys the best and hope you can move sooner rather then later. :-)

    ReplyDelete