Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apple Festival

The weather was so beautiful this weekend. I love fall, it is my favorite time of year. I love being able to have the windows open. We took advantage of this great weather and went to an Apple Festival at Carter Mountain Apple Orchard. They had hay rides, food, crafts, wine tasting, pick your own apples, etc. The wine tasting was fun, we ended up finding some new wines that we really liked. We have several apple orchards around, so I'm going to try some new apple recipes this month. I have some homemade applesauce cooking in the crock pot right now, if it turns out good, I'll post the recipe on here. I can't wait to do more fall activities like this. Every year we go to a pumpkin patch and try to go to a corn maize. We've been doing it ever since we started living together in Tucson, when we had to drive over an hour to get to the nearest pumpkin patch.

Here's some pictures from this weekend.





No comments :

Post a Comment