Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weight Watchers

So, I joined Weight Watchers almost 2 weeks ago with 4 girls from work. We go to the 8:00 meeting on Saturday mornings. I like WW because the way it works is each food has an assigned number of points and you have a certain number of points each day that you are not supposed to exceed. The number of points you get depend on your gender, age, weight, etc. There are many foods that have zero points, such as broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. I like this diet because you can basically eat what you want, you are just held responsible for the decisions you make. If you have a donut for breakfast, you have to arrange the rest of your day accordingly, like having just a salad for lunch. It's common sense, but it's nice to write everything down and have a specific plan to follow. I also like the weigh-ins and meetings each week, I feel that I'm held accountable for my progress. I also love the girls I'm doing it with. They are so nice and make it so much easier to eat healthier at work. It's hard to eat healthy in a doctor's office-everyday our patients, pharmaceautical reps, and medical supply reps bring us pies, donuts, cookies, lunch, candy, etc.


I absolutely love to cook. I think it's so much fun to find new recipes to try. I love reading through Paula Deen's latest magazine and picking a fun recipe to try on Sunday afternoons (which is probably the reason I need to go on Weight Watchers in the first place) So, I couldn't do a diet that didn't allow me to still try new recipes. Weight Watchers has several recipe books out and every season they come out with a new Weight Watcher recipe magazine that is packed with easy and healthy recipes to try. I have been looking through them since I started on Weight Watchers and have tried several new recipes and have many more that I plan to try. I will post those recipes on here and let you guys know what I think.


Another thing I like to do is read blogs and I've found a couple blogs written by women who are doing weight watchers and some others by girls that are into fitness or eating healthy. Here are the links to the blogs I really like: Weight Watchers Changed My Life, The Weight Watcher Chick, On My Way From Fat To Fab, Not Just a Pretty Face, and a blog completely dedicated to Weight Watcher recipes- Weight Watcher Points Recipes.

No comments :

Post a Comment