Sunday, September 27, 2009

80's Party!

Our 80's party was last night and we had a blast. We had a good turnout and lots of great costumes. A guy Greg works with burned us a dvd of 80's music vidoes, short clips from tv shows, like "Alf", and the opening song for a couple of 80's shows, like "Facts of Life" and "Charles in Charge". It was great to not only have the 80's music but also to actually see the videos and outfits to go with it. We had a 80's trivia game with girls-vs-guys. It was close, but the guys ended up winning by one point. We gave out a prize for the best dressed guy and girl, which was hard because everybody looked great! At the end of the night, our kitchen table had been moved into the living room and our kitchen had been turned into a dance floor. It was so much fun. Greg's hurting a little bit today, but it was well worth it. Here are some pictures from our party. I posted more on our Shutterfly page.

Greg dressed up like an 80's rocker with a mullet, bandana, eyeliner, and a Def Leppard T-shirt. I put my hair in a side ponytail, big bangs, big hoop earrings, a shirt a wide collar hanging off one shoulder, bright plastic bracelets, and some bright pink leggings.

This Madonna costume won her "Best Dressed Girls" at our party. She created this entire outfit for $13.00! He decided to go a different route and dress up like he was in his 80's and he pretty much stayed in character the entire night. It was so funny.


Cyndi Lauper & Miami Vice. I love her hair!
I love her belt & side ponytail.

He even put a police light in his car to go with the "Miami Vice" theme.

Her son even dressed up. He came as Joey Lawrence. One of Greg's favorite 80's personalities!


Look at her bright pink shoes--so 80's. And I'm loving the headband.
He kept those sunglasses on the entire night. Perfect when "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night" came on, one of our favorite 80's songs.

I love her vest, I'm surprised we didn't see more vests since those were so popular during the 80's. And they're making a comeback.

I thought they looked great. He won for "Best Dressed Guy". Everybody LOVED his boots.


Our go-to rocker pose for the night.

No comments :

Post a Comment