Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bacon & Sun-Dried Tomato Alfedo Pasta

This is a Weight Watcher Recipe that I got out of one of my WW 15 Minutes or Less cookbooks. I have never made anything with sun-dried tomato or bacon in it before. I wanted to try something different and I'm glad I did. It was very delicious. I served it with a side salad and Broccoli with Garlic & Ginger which is another WW recipe I will post later.

Bacon & Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta
6 Points
Servings: 5

Ingredients:
* 8 ounces of uncooked mulitgrain penne
* 1 (10oz) package refrigerated light Alfredo Sauce
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil and cut into julienne strips.
* 10 slices precooked bacon
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
** I could not find sun-dried tomatoes packed without oil, so I just rinsed mine with water to get the oil off**



1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2. While pasta cooks, combine Alfredo sauce and sun-dried tomatoes in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated and tomatoes are juicy and plump. While sauce cooks, microwave bacon according to package directions. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
3. Combine cooked pasta and Alfredo sauce mixture in a large serving bowl. Top with crumbled bacon, basil, and black pepper.



I got this recipe from Weight Watchers Five Ingredient, 15 Minute Recipes.


No comments :

Post a Comment